avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE RESULT] Remove all author tags from all source code files
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:24:16 GMT

First, let me apologise for the way I handled this discussion.

Regardless to the need of such a vote, I have upset some fellow
committers and a friend.
I wasn't aware that it would have been recepted this way. Things rolled
out so fast, and when I understood it, it was too late.

Yes, I do think that the vote was necessary, and I still believe in what
I proposed.
But I understand that this has been a wrench in the feelings of some,
and for this I have just changed my vote from a +1 to a +0. If the
removal of author tags can eventually help, it will not if many oppose it.

Anyway, I personally suggest any committer that wants, to add the Avalon
Development Team author tags to all files that he edits when he gets a
chance to do it.

As for the vote, it seems to me that the results are quite clear, both
in numbers and in spirit, and would have been the same also without the
vote changes of these last days.

If nobody objects, I will declare this vote closed once and for all, and
resolved as rejected.

"All @author tags and all reference to authors of source code files will
be kept from the files themselves."

             - verba volant, scripta manent -