avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject RE: Avalon and JMX?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:36:20 GMT
Berin suggested:

> Anything that reduces the amount of coding that Avalon users have
> to do the better.

Only if such facilities are provided in a modular enough manner so that they
can be selected or removed easily, preferably without requiring source
changes and a rebuild (eg. they would be configurable).

Providing too many "mandatory" features hardwired into the kernel/container is
not doing the users much of a service...it just makes more work for them when
they have to unbolt the unwanted features.

> The Phoenix approach builds JMX integration and generation into the
> kernel/container layer.  The exposed MBeans interact with the components
> inside the container.

That is definitely one way of doing it.  I was still wondering what the pros/cons
of doing this, versus making the JMX support a pluggable component would
be?  Anyone got any opinions?

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com