avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] All community action items be listed in the Avalon STATUS file
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:43:17 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> The STATUS file is a great mean of synching the community agenda. To
>> be effective, it must be uptodate, and I can't do it all myself.
>>
>> Proposals should be entered as such, votes should have listed all
>> current votes and the vote start date, and when the issue item is
>> completed, the names of the voters are removed and it's resolved,
>> positive or negative. Releases too should be listed.
>>
>> I'm asking you, do you want that for each [Proposal] and [Vote] and
>> release there be an entry in the STATUS file, that has to be updated
>> by the original item proposal?
>>
>> +1
>

> +1 on the idea and on creating general agreement where everyone updates
> the STATUS file, -1 on some kind of _requirement_ or even having a vote
> about this.
>
> If something doesn't go into the status file, does it then not exist?

No, it still exists.

> Is
> it required you put something in the status file when your work on it?

No. It's about proposals, votes, releases.

> Can I challenge a vote because it is not in the status file and I wasn't
> monitoring the list at the time of voting?

No. A vote on the mailing list is valid, the status file is just
accounting, not the thing per se.

> It is all just hairy if you
> formalize. It's sort of like a coding convention to me: apply it, but
> don't trip over it when it doesn't happen.

But coding conventions are voted on. This is the same thing.

Votes are valid if done on the mailing list. Our convention would
require in case this gets majority +1 ro add it to the status file.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -