avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] All community action items be listed in the Avalon STATUS file
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:36:57 GMT

I agree with the principal that status needs to be documented and that
this is something we need to help out with.  I aslo agree with Leo that
this is too close to being considered a reference.  The reference for
things is vote counts and vote resoults posted on the list.

+1 (morally)
-1 (procedurally)

:-)

Leo Simons wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> The STATUS file is a great mean of synching the community agenda. To
>> be effective, it must be uptodate, and I can't do it all myself.
>>
>> Proposals should be entered as such, votes should have listed all
>> current votes and the vote start date, and when the issue item is
>> completed, the names of the voters are removed and it's resolved,
>> positive or negative. Releases too should be listed.
>>
>> I'm asking you, do you want that for each [Proposal] and [Vote] and
>> release there be an entry in the STATUS file, that has to be updated
>> by the original item proposal?
>>
>> +1
>

> +1 on the idea and on creating general agreement where everyone
> updates the STATUS file, -1 on some kind of _requirement_ or even
> having a vote about this.
>
> If something doesn't go into the status file, does it then not exist?
> Is it required you put something in the status file when your work on
> it? Can I challenge a vote because it is not in the status file and I
> wasn't monitoring the list at the time of voting? It is all just hairy
> if you formalize. It's sort of like a coding convention to me: apply
> it, but don't trip over it when it doesn't happen.
>
> cheers,
>
> - Leo
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail: