avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Code Names
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2003 05:06:14 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

>> While internally the projects are very different, the
>> outside front we are presenting is one.
>>

> This makes a lot of sence.  But I think you need to replace Excalibur
> with Avalon.

Ok.

> I've been busy rationalizing the Avalon Product Table that reinforces
> this logic ...

And doing a very good job BTW.

>   Containers - http://www.osm.net/technical/avalon/docs/containers.html
>
> I.e. I think branding under Excalibur is wrong move - branding under
> Avalon is the right move.  Yes - for a period of time we will have
> multiple containers, but the same page/product-area/notion will be place
> where evolution happens and the result will be a single common
> architecture.

Ok.  So the migration path would be:

Milestone 1:  ECM replacement (Codename: Fortress)
Milestone 2:  Proper Meta Model (Codename: Merlin)
Milestone 3:  Pluggable container (Codename: ?Uber Container?)

Note that we might want smaller milestones between Merlin and Uber....