avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/src/java/org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/blocks/datasource DefaultDataSourceSelector.java
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:59:14 GMT

Peter Royal wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 06:58  AM, mcconnell@apache.org
> wrote:
>
>>     * @phoenix:service
>> name="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.datasource.DataSourceSelec
>> tor"
>>     *
>>     * @author <a href="mailto:colus@apache.org">Eung-ju Park</a>
>>   + * @deprecated Use {@link
>> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.source.DefaultDataSourceSelector}
>> instead.
>

> My only problem with this is that we are destroying a perfectly
> acceptable package name. datasource was a lot more descriptive for
> the  datasource components than source is.

Suggestions welcome - I created an alternative package so that I didn't
break any existing usage of DataSource but enable the migration to
ServiceSelector as opposed to ComponentSelector.  I have no idea what
the level of usage of the package is - I suspect is is rather limited.
The good news is that I can now build and run James out of CVS.

Cheers, Steve.

> -pete
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail: