avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cornerstone updates
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:32:31 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:11, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>2. This has nothing to do what is at fault - its about necessity for
>>   code to be hostile to that extent.  I hapen to think that the level
>>   of hostility is unnecessary.
>>

>I tend to think that code that disposes of the same resource multiple times is
>buggy and should be fixed. By forcing developer to write good code you end up
>with better product in the end.

A warning log entry provided a sufficient hint that the developer should do
something to address the problem and is much friendler that thowing an
exception.
In my book - when we are talking about a component library, there isn't the
justification for a hostile component - in fact, its the reverse - its about
providing components that are easy to use and quick to deploy.  It not about
forcing some notion of code quality onto consumers.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org