avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] AvalonDB
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:57:28 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:
> Nicola
>
> Kyrsalis still @ sourceforge?

ATM yes. We have had more than one concrete proposal to be able to have
Krysalis projects hosted on non-SF hardware, but we don't have real
reasons to change the host... yet.

Also one thing is Krysalis itself, and its "owned" projects (Krysalis
License), and one thing is the "federation" of Krysalis projects, that
is projects that have their own identity but support Krysalis and the
Apache-style project guidelines that Krysalis wants to help pursue.

There are projects, for example like Centipede,Ruper and Krysalis Ant
tasks that are in Krysalis as a community and code. Another example is
JCharts that links to us and follows the Apache-style guidelines.

We have decided to make Krysalis incorporated so that our license can
finally point to a real common legal entity and not only me ;-)

> I guess it is in line with original
> proposition.... I have some committers waiting in the wings to add to
> the project (fools ;).

;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -