avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sevak / Jetty / Serviceable
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:32:42 GMT
Ulrich,

>>Jetty docs are not necessary.  Jetty is componentized as 'Sevak' under Phoenix control.
 This is
>>not Jetty running on its own.
>>
>>You need to see the deploy(..) signatures...
>>
>>Here they are :
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-apps/sevak/src/java/org/apache/avalon/apps/sevak/Sevak.java?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>

>Darn, just when I thought I understood it :)
>
>Ok... so who is going to call that deploy() method? And when?

You do, whenever you like ...

  class MyBlock implements Serviceable {
    pub void service(ServiceManager sm) {
      Sevak sevak = sm.lookup(Sevak.ROLE);
      sevak.deploy(blah, blah blah);
    }
  }

>And, if Jetty does not run on its own, how do I configure it? Say I want
>it to run under a specific port?

Configuration as per normal blocks.

Not wishing to be rude dude, a lot of the regular sevak stuff can be
gleaned from the sevak demos ...

   'ant -f sevak.xml sar'

Sevak doing Serviceable servlet deployment in action can be seen in the
EOB application.  Journey to Sourceforge's CVS to see it.

Regards,

- Paul