avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert McIntosh <rob...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject Re: Avalon and JMX?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:01:04 GMT
while I can't really comment on JMX and Avalon as others here would know
more, I do know that from an embedded view, Sun is pushing for JMX on
embedded devices. At last year's JavaOne I attended a session on JMX and
they have several prototypes of using JMX to control hand held devices.
One demo I saw allowed a user to enter some info via a webbrowser to a
J2EE server which then sent a message to a phone that had JMX on it and
changed some settings or something (I don't remember the details). The
JMX guy I talked to said that Sun was working towards having JMX be the
controller for most Java technologies, from EJB servers to the JVM itself.

Robert McIntosh