avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Avalon Components
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:22:48 GMT
Leo,

>> I do not share you vision, however it is felt that this is best, so
>> be it.
>

> I'd like to hear yours, or at least why you don't like the above!

There is not much point to opening the wound again.  In some way shape
or form Uber is coming.  I do not believe the merit need was there.  I
loved the multi container world.  I have two (Jesktop and EOB) that
stand to be obsoleted in the stamepede towards uber.  If it works
bgreat, but I have my doubts.

Also as I work for an agile consultancy, I belive in the refactor (big
design) from working, live and deployed (small design) projects.
 Phoenix and Fortress and ECM and Merlin were that.  EOB and Jesktop
too.  We were having a great time with many containers and were only at
the start of the container landscape.  We'd not seen the Tomcat team
come to us and say "we love Avalon's ideas but give us a container that
we can work with".   The mandate, based on merit, is completely missing.
 We'd barely convinced anyone to make non static components to sit in an
IoC container.

As I say, I only wanted to remind people that though I am helping with
the Uber effort and the big depot changes, I do not agree with them.

- Paul