avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Useful feedback [was: Spice & Avalon synergy]
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:50:17 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:58, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>>Take a close look at the current PMC list, which you *VOLUNTARILY*
>>elected to be a part of.  If *ANY* one of them expresses a veto
>>concerning *ANY* matter under the direct oversight of the Avalon PMC,
>>will you accept it as valid?
>>

>Vetos are vetos - there is little choice in the matter.

How about a yes or no.  You choose to be selective about vetoes in the
past - should I assume that the your phrase "little choice in the
matter" comes down to you personal decision to respect a decision or you
personal decision to ignore a decision?  I'm really interested in your
answer to this because I want to understand if your serious or not.  The
only signals I'm getting from you are that Avalon is simply a source for
forking so you can go off and do your own thing.  If that is the case -
why are you here? Go ahead and fork and get on with your life.
Recognize that this place is about a bunch of people who are important -
and a lot more important that you are - and its those people that
constitute Avalon.  Up until a couple of weeks ago I considered you part
of that community but after reviewing your behind the scenes activities
I no longer feel that way.  Through your actions, you have demonstrated
rather clearly that "your-way" is more important that this community -
even worse you are attempting to undermine the very things we are trying
to achieve.  Why is the idea of collaboration within something bigger
than yourself so threatening?

Please Pete - sort out you priorities - either get engaged or get out.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org