avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Synchronizing James and Cornerstone
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:08:24 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Sam,
>

>>FYI: you can always pick up an internally self-consistent set of jars,
>>appropriately datestamped, at http://gump.covalent.net/jars/.
>>

>Thanks.  But Stephen had said "In addition to synchronization I think there
>is some repackaging required on the Avalon side" so I'm assuming that the
>current jars aren't what he'd like for us to be using, either.  Sounds like
>he is proposing some changes in Avalon's own packaging first.

Correct.

Currently the cornerstone.jar contains 13 different components with
quite different purposes, depedencies, relase status, and supporting
community.  This makes it very difficult to "take responsibility" for
Cornerstone - its much easier if we break up Cornerstone into respective
components - and put the effort where it is needed - and for me - the
immediate priority is to get the Avalon/Cornerstone/James peices sorted
out ASAP.  This means some immediate addention on the following
 Cornerstone components:

  * threads
  * store
  * sockets