avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject James / Excalibur ThreadPool conflict
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:45:26 GMT

Pete:

Have finally got to a point where I'm running James inside Merlin again.

But I'm gettig a rather odd exception.  The execution occurs after James
is established and running (about 30 seconds after).  The exception
(listed blow) is a NoSuchMethodError - raised when the JamesSpoolManager
invokes excecute, passing itself as an argument. I looked into the
sources and CVS history and discovered that
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool.execute() interface was
changed by you about three months ago - retracting Runnable as a valid
argument in favour of Executable.  It appears that this breaks James
(based on the James HEAD and the current ThreadPool source.  What I
don't understand is how James could be running inside Phoneix without
problem unless nobody from James has executed a clean checkout of
Excalibur in the last 3 months.

Can you or anyone else (Avalon or James) shead any light on this?

Cheers, Steve.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
   org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool.execute(
     Ljava/lang/Runnable;)Lorg/apache/avalon/excalibur/thread/ThreadControl;
  at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.initialize(
    JamesSpoolManager.java:246)

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy