avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC:VOTE] PMC Voting Process
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:33:39 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Leo-- I believe that the Voting procedures we previously voted on
>> required that all [VOTE]s had to start as a [PROPOSAL].
>

> yep.
>
>> However, at this time I have to put forth a -1, because it is not
>> something that was formally proposed before a call for vote.
>

> it was!
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=104159238925982&w=2
>
> as there were no replies (Steve said he'd comment but didn't....) I
> went ahead and did as I said I would do.

Loe correct on this - I actually thought about the same point as a way
of interception and derailing Leo's iniative.  So I checked his email
and guess what - he applied the policies - and bottom line is that that
is what policies are for - Leo get get me to get off my but and address
this by excaliating the issue within the scope of the establish policies
and procedures (gee, Leo is scarry - he learning too fast).

>> Can we go through a formal Proposal before a call to vote on this?
>

> We can go through it again if you want. I'm kinda fed up with all
> "procedure" already though. Time- and effort-consuming, this "formalism".

Don't get fed up - what we working oon is really importat stuff - it
will outlive Avalon, Avlon 5 and UberContainer. You are one of the
founding fathers and little children in a 2048 will look up a digital
plaque comemorating the your words of wisdom attributed to someone
called LS.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell