avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [PMC:PROPOSAL] PMC Voting Process
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:59:48 GMT

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Leo Simons wrote:
>>
>>> I tweaked my original "layman text" a bit to describe the actual
>>> procedure as we're following it atm. The proposal is we adopt it.
>>> Comments welcome; I'll put it up for vote when peeps get back from
>>> holiday. (I really feel like wrapping this stuff up sooner than
>>> later, but I'm relatively sure Steve'll have something to say ;)

Ok - as Leo correctly suggest - I have a few things to say - I've
already sketched out my general options - but I'll add some details
anyway.  There are two items that were raised by Greg - one concerned
the definton of the PMC chair, and the other the defintion of the PMC
membership - defintions [3] and [2] respectively. It is safe to say that
until the board corrects the minutes of thier last meeting, we can - for
the timebeing - ignore defintion [2] because it currently reflects the
correct position based on the currently adopted board mintues (and if I
keep this up Greg is going to throw something heavy in my direction).

So the immediate issue to be address is simply a matter of correcting
the following definition to be consitent with the board defintion of the
Chair.

Our definion is:

   Definition 3. PMC Chair

       A member of the PMC, as defined in definition [2], duly elected
       by the PMC Members to represent the interest of the PMC Membership
       and the broader Avalon Community towards the Apache Board as defined
       under the PMC resolution and/or adopted amendments (definition [1]).

Which is aliged with our idea of the role of the Chair.

However, the board defintion is:

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Avalon" be and
       hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
       at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
       Avalon PMC, and to have primary responsibility for management
       of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the
       Avalon PMC; and be it further

So what is required is some nicely worded prose that brings our definion
in line with the board defition.  Doesn't seem so difficult!

For example:

   Definition 3. PMC Chair

       A officer of the Board of Directors appointed to the position
       to the position of "Vice President, Avalon", serving at the
       direction of Board of Directors as the chair of the Avalon PMC,
       having a primary responsiblity for for management of the
       projects within the scope of responsibility of the Avalon PMC.

Anyone see any problems with the above defintion?

Cheers, Steve.

:-)

--

Stephen J. McConnell