avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Requirements for implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 22:24:09 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Stefano,
>
>> Cocoon needs a way to deploy cocoon-based web application at runtime.
>

> It looks like Cocoon's kernel will need to move outside the servlet
> context then.

Cocoon's kernel is *already* outside the servlet context. We are simply
using a CocoonServlet and a Cocoon Environment implementation to connect
to the servlet environment.

> Some separation of Cocoon kernel services from Cocoon
> using webapps with (I'm guessing) the need for some Avalon lifecycle
> interfaces to be honored for this type of Cocoon deployment.
> Particularly ServiceManager.

yes, blocks will need lifecycle contracts to be honored. of course, all
avalon components included in blocks will simply work as expected in an
avalon container.