avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject RE: [A5:RT] Compiling XML descriptors....
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:03:24 GMT
Berin suggests:

> I am trying to propose something that does not require the
> existence of an XML parser.  I.e. the XML descriptors that
> you develop with are compiled into bytecode for the J2ME
> systems.  With a concrete class that has hard coded return
> values, you don't need an XML parser.

Just transforming the XML descriptor into a java class only eliminates the XML
parsing, but still leaves the dynamic configuration.

As was noted, we don't need dynamic config on embedded devices (and if you
do the controller will probably be powerful enough to accommodate more of
the whole Avalon framework anyway).

It would be even more beneficial if we could come up with a way to pre-
configure the embedded container at compile-time (eg. pre-building config
data structures that the container needs).  This would speed startup time even
more, since the container would be instantiated "ready to rock 'n roll", with very
little initialization required.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com