avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Remove all author tags from all source code files
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:16:42 GMT
Right, you should set at the outset of a project the expectations for @author tags for a project.

Many of us really like seeing out name in headers as it is proof to the claims we make on
our
resumes.  To wait four years then purge names from headers is shitty.

How does this work with Krysalis?  Can you expand your community enthusiasm to remove your
own
name from your org, site, source, pages, credits such that it has peer equivalence to everyone
else who contributes?  Anonimize yourself?  As an aside you, Nicola, have little java contributed
to the Avalon codebase compared to others. It is no skin of your nose if this is taken away.
 We
have willfully accepted patches from others and credited them with author tags as we pushed
them
in. I'll tell you that this will tail off if there is no name in lights reward for those brave
souls.

Is it not time we stopped damaging this community. Oh, and this is damage, you are steam-rolling
over the feelings of others.  It was *completely* unecessary to suggest this.  Just becuase
you
are PMC chair does not mean you have to invent things to do.

I am amazed that so many people have voted in favor.  I emplore people to switch their votes.

>     (authors get forgotten, just code remains)

-ph