avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: James / Excalibur ThreadPool conflict
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 23:50:53 GMT
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:41, Peter M. Goldstein wrote:
> I'm very confused.  This interface is actually marked deprecated.  So why
> would the deprecated interface be changed?
>
> Moreover, why is the replacement interface
> (org.apache.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool) not changed?  It still has the
> execute(Runnable) method.  In fact, it has both methods.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

If you update to latest version of everything then everything should still
work. The problem is that an old jar is being used by one thing and an old
one by another. If everything is compiled against old jar then you are fine.
If anything is compiled against new jar then you need the new jar ...

I can't spot anybackward incompatible interface changes. Can anyone indicate
where this is?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald