avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC:PROPOSAL] PMC Voting Process
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:04:47 GMT
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 06:59:48PM +0100, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Ok - as Leo correctly suggest - I have a few things to say - I've
> already sketched out my general options - but I'll add some details
> anyway.  There are two items that were raised by Greg - one concerned
> the definton of the PMC chair, and the other the defintion of the PMC
> membership - defintions [3] and [2] respectively. It is safe to say that
> until the board corrects the minutes of thier last meeting, we can - for
> the timebeing - ignore defintion [2] because it currently reflects the
> correct position based on the currently adopted board mintues (and if I
> keep this up Greg is going to throw something heavy in my direction).

The November minutes were wrong, in that it listed a subset of the PMCs,
whereas during the meeting we axed that part. Unfortunately, the minutes
were passed before correcting that part. In the December meeting, we
rectified that with a new resolution. All PMCs can no alter their makeup,
provided proper notification to the board.

>    Definition 3. PMC Chair
>
>        A officer of the Board of Directors appointed to the position
>        to the position of "Vice President, Avalon", serving at the
>        direction of Board of Directors as the chair of the Avalon PMC,
>        having a primary responsiblity for for management of the
>        projects within the scope of responsibility of the Avalon PMC.
>
> Anyone see any problems with the above defintion?

"An officer of the Foundation ..."  The Board appointed the person, but they
are an officer of the actual corporation.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/