avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Containerkit
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:36:58 GMT
> masters? Which masters? There aren't any.

The board.

> How about putting containerkit in phoenix cvs, then dropping only the
> generated jar in the src and bin distros?

OK, but PUnit (part of Phoenix) uses it.  Also Enterprise Object Broker (not apache) uses
it.
I'd like to see the jar built, and distributed as part of phoenix.  It would be no different
the long-lived phoenix-client.jar in that respect.

> The point is I don't want people to believe that _containerkit_ is a
> package that won't be refactored or that'll be around after any
> "ubercontainer" structure is in place. I'll happily commit to supporting
> several dtds 'n stuff for n^2 years, but not implementations.

Fine, which is why I am saying put it back in Phoenix.

> > 'Container package' is ambiguous.  Do you mean ..
> >
> >   "Phoenix is temporary.  It will be replaced by UberContainer later".
> >
> > or
> >
> >   "Phoenix uses Container-kit.  Container-kit will be replaced by some other container
> abstraction
> > solution inside Phoenix later".
>
> I ment the latter. I have to see that an UberContainer can be built
> before putting anything at stake for it.

Why monkey around with the internals of Phoenix when it is to be replaced with UberContainer
later.

It is completely pointless.

- Paul