avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [a4:fortress] refactoring, contracts, exceptions
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:28:31 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org]On Behalf Of Leo Simons
> >>
> >>Cool. Since y'all are not even commenting on the stronger
> >>interface<->impl concept, I take it there's general
> agreement on that?

I don't want to change A4 packages.  That is not a point release
(i.e. 4.2, 4.3) thing to do.  It is something that Peter D. wanted
to pursue with A5, and I am in favor of that approach.

In fact, I am even more in favor of having a *client* jar only
(i.e. equiv. of A4 Framework) with *no* implementations unless
the class is *part* of the contract.  Example would be the
configuration object or the Version object.  Things like
ServiceManager/Locator/LookUpManager etc. implementations are
usually container or even environment specific.  Providing
different implementations in separate JARS or incorporated
into a UberContainer profile would be easy to do.