avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: Build Environment
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:05:13 GMT
> From: Ross Gardler [mailto:ross@saafe.org]

Here is what I did:

Starting a new project

Ok, so you have some code and want to use Centipede to build. The easiest
way to start a new project is to get hold of the krysalis-project template
(this is part of the krysalis-templates CVS module, and will soon be
released as a separate package). Copy this template into your new directory
and then:

* Put the code under src/java.
* Put the required libraries under lib
* Edit the files module.xml and status.xml to make Centipede know all about
your project and community.

Go in the root dir of your project and type cent, you'll get an interactive
menu of the build options available.
That's it. To compile run cent compile, to make the jars run cent jar and to
clean the build directory run cent clean.

(from your website)

What I was greeted with was:

D:\projects\avalon>cent compile
Searching for centibuild.xml ...
Could not locate a build file!

using DOS, and

$ cent compile
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe: *** can't create title mutex, Win32 error 6
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
  We cannot execute java

using Cygwin.

That was fixed by adding "--path" to the two lines 71 and 73.
I then got the same problem as the DOS version.

CENTIPEDE_HOME is set to "D:\krysalis-centipede-1.0.0-beta4"
and the path has "%CENTIPEDE_HOME%\bin;%PATH%" in it.

Do you have any concept as to what might be my problem?