avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] fulcrum deprecation
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:20:28 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Stephen Haberman wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 08:18:21PM -0800, Daniel Rall wrote:
> >
> >>I would very much like to see Avalon adopt the Commons Configuration
> >>interface, and am willing to write code to make that happen.
>
> Please try to understand us, we have users to take care of. We cannot
> simply change the interface of one of our core interfaces
> just like that.

Not to mention the gall of seeing that we have an *established* interface,
creating an alternative after that fact, and then expecting us to change
to your solution.

What about collaboration?  What about checking to see if you can work with
what we have?  What compatibility layers have you provided?  Is your
solution
friendly to IoC based development, or does it provide ways of circumventing
that like Commons Logging?

> This is now. For the future, who knows... we are now starting
> to discuss
> about Avalon 5. I heartily suggest you and all who are interested to
> join us on the avalon-dev list to discuss this and other matters. We
> really want to get this sorted out once and for all.

Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone for A5--but we will follow
the principles that make Avalon successful and powerful.