avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter M. Goldstein" <peter_m_goldst...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cornerstone updates
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:02:01 GMT

Steve,

> During test I discovered that James was logging a disposal error
> resulting from releasing the ports for the SMTP, POP3 and Remote Admin
> services during the sutdown phase.  I checked the cause ant it was that
> the disconnect was being invoked twice.  I didn't dig into why.

> Which then raises the question - why are the connection being disconnect
> twice?
> I'll do some digging.

No idea why you'd be seeing this.  There is just the single disconnect in
the dispose() method of the AbstractHandlerFactory.  Obviously, dispose()
should be called just once for each service.

> p.s. Are the enhancements to the James version of the conection servicve
> appropriate for back porting into the Conerstone verion?

Functionally appropriate, although they're a little awkwardly implemented.
The ability to throttle connections at the ConnectionManager level on a
per-connection basis is especially handy.

The reason for the awkwardness is there was a desire to allow other
ConnectionManagers to be swapped in, and taking advantage of some of the
features really requires additional methods that are not available in the
ConnectionManager interface.  For further details, see the code.

--Peter