avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [A5:Proposal] Initial interfaces
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:33:00 GMT
Berin,

I realize I'm very late in replying to this (took
one week off), but I like the code. One thing, though,
I imaging that you will access configuration elements
like this:

   lookup ("configuration:/my/config/element");

instead of

  Configuration conf = lookup ("configuration");
  conf.getChild ("my")
      .getChild ("config")
      .getChild ("element")
      .getValue ();

And I am a bit against it, as you'd have to do the conversion
from String to integer (for example) by yourself.

A solution would be to add helper methods to the Context
interface - lookupAsInteger, lookupAsBoolean, etc, but
then I think we're re-creating the Configuration interface.

Also, how do we handle namespaces in the Configuration?

/LS