avalon-dev mailing list archives

From ymikul...@softhome.net
Subject Re: Name clash, again
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:06:40 GMT
Berin Loritsch writes:

> It's a tough call.  We need to make sure our C# version of Avalon is
> not using the [Avalon] module name....  ApacheAvalon or Apache::Avalon
> would work.

You can take a look at Microsoft Namespace Naming Guidelines

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/ht
ml/cpconnamespacenamingguidelines.asp

Following their guide our codename is Apache.Avalon
I don't think there will be any problems.
Everything is correct, isn't it?

> Oh, the cynical side of me thinks so too.  On the other hand,
> are you sure they have even heard of us?

I'm sure they know what Avalon is perfectly well.
While .NET was being designed they made analysis of C++, Delphi, Java and
all existing solutions.

Open Source is an inseparable part of Java and so no doubt they analyzed it
too.
I think they would have never created ASP.NET if they hadn't even taken a
look at jakarta-structs for example and so on ...

I don't consider it is a coincidence, just analyzing.

They even tried to create their own Component Model, but I think it is ugly
(just my opinion), Avalon is much better than they did.

Best Regards,
 Yauheny Mikulski (Jeff)

"Religion is what the common people see as true,
the wise people see as false, and
the rulers see as useful"     - Seneca