avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject -1 technical vetoes
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:48:46 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> I think the most important thing in tomcat evolution the idea that if 3
> committers are voting +1 and need something, there is enough reason to
> not vote -1 ( especially if it can be implemented as an option).

My take is that -1 votes on technical issues (vetoes) should (a) only be
given when the voter has important technical issue(s) to raise; (b) be
expressed as conditional: "My vote is -1 until/unless the following issue(s)
are resolved"; and (c) those issues should generally arise, and be
addressed, long before the need for a formal vote.

Does anyone disagree?  If so, under what circumstances?

	--- Noel