avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Locators
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 04:18:46 GMT
> Just a note - IS-A can define the HAS-A contact (providing meta is
> provided against the IS-A interface declaring the set of entries).

The issue is that IS-A is an inherently coupled relationship.  As a TYPE,
you do not want to cast contexts.  You do not want to couple the client code
with any inherited implementation.

> I'm convergin on the same opinion - one locator is sufficient.

That will please me greatly, especially if the Community follows suit.

I do assume from the context of our other discussions that you mean one
object exposed to the client.  Possibly multiple internal "sub-contexts"
that provide the service as required for a given lookup.

>    <type>
>      <context locator="o.a.a.p.BlockContext" version="2.1"/>
>    </type>

How literally am I to take that?  You aren't really proposing BlockContext
as the actual iterface, are you?  I don't expect that you are, but
clarification won't hurt.

	--- Noel