avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: How NOT to move forward
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 04:44:06 GMT
> I'm actually *really* hoping for *evolution* for James3.

Let's talk about this on james-dev after the [ANN] goes out for v2.1.  :-)
But don't fret that anyone is even contemplating tossing out the v2 code and
starting over!  Most will be evolutionary, but I personally expect some
things to change that won't be compatible with certain areas of the existing
code base.

Getting back to Avalon 5, most of the Frameworks would probably survive
unchanged.  And I suspect that after architecting and designing the
scalable, profilable container, that parts of the profiles would be pulled
from the existing code base.  There really is good code here, which is why
we're all using it (and worrying over the health of the supporting
community).

In either case, you look at requirements, review the architecture, design,
and code, and go from there.

	--- Noel