avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Charter.txt
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:27:11 GMT
> The paragraph should simply be stricken. It doesn't mesh with reality.

OK.  I'd have thought so too, but since it came from the XML Charter ...
[see below]

> The Board has never approved a PMC charter. Whatever the XML guys
> wrote, it hasn't been reviewed and ratified by the Board.

Color me very surprised.  Shocked even.  From the earlier comment from Sam
Ruby: "Independent of prior charters that may have been approved, I intend
to review future charters with an eye for (1) effectively demonstrating
oversight and (2) adherance to the "collaborative, consensus based
development process" that is supposed to characterize all Apache projects",
I assumed that it was the ASF Board that had done the approving.

Well, doesn't that meet the classic definition of ass-u-me.  Or at least my
half of it.  :-(

	--- Noel