avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Avalon4:PROPOSAL] Context Consensus (version 2)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:02:16 GMT
>  Entry key names should conform to URN naming
>  conventions specificed under RFC 2141 where the format of a
>  URN is "urn:" <NID> ":" <NSS>.  NID is Namespace IDentifier,
>  and NSS is Namspace Specific String.  The NID "avalon" is
>  reserved for standard Avalon context key entries.

I'd go a bit further: all NID strings beginning with the word avalon are
reserved.

I am in favor of RFC 2141 as normative, but note that as long as the strings
are well formed, multiple naming conventions can be allowed.  The urn:
prefix tells us that RFC 2141 is the protocol for that request.

	--- Noel