avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Development Direction
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:00:22 GMT
On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 11:36  AM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Which is it?  Unified Container == Avalon 4.1 or Avalon 5?

Avalon 4.5

There are many many people building atop of the 4.x framework. We owe
it to our users to keep a stable base. I would like to see the unified
container built upon the current framework. This is so that James,
Phoenix, Cocoon and any other consumers will have a DEAD SIMPLE
migration path.

First lets bring everything together, make it a cohesive whole, and
then take the giant step forward together. If we don't build upon the
framework that we already have, the unified container discussions will
get bogged down in what the 5.0 framework should entail.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org