avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Steuck <greg-avalon-...@nest.cx>
Subject Re: Q: Dependent Initialization
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:06:50 GMT
writes:

    Vladimir> How could I make dependent initialization of 2
    Vladimir> services. I.e if service A needs the live instance of
    Vladimir> service B in his initialization phase?  This is a problem
    Vladimir> because of uncontrolled order of service initialization.

Why do you say it is uncontrolled? Which particular container do you
have in mind?

    Vladimir> May be this is reason to add to framework new interface
    Vladimir> between initialization and start phases with one method
    Vladimir> setup()? This allows to have a phase where services can
    Vladimir> interact with live instances of other services.

If I understand you correctly, all you need to do in e.g. Phoenix is
specify that B should be provided to A. Then B will be fully initialized
and started by the time A gets to use it. Does that answer your
question?

Bye
Greg