avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CVS] How to compile Avalon/Excalibur (Bug in build system?)
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:24:10 GMT
On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 04:59  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
> Can someone take out time from the new bike sheds and courts of law to
> fix
> this?

but i want to ride my bicycle! i want to ride my bike! and a mauve shed
to store it in to boot ;)

>>> 1) In the top-level ant.properties(.sample) file the version numbers
>>> of
>>> the Xerces and Xalan jar files have to be updated to the ones found
>>> under
>>> jakarta-avalon/tools/lib.

fixed.

>>> 2) The property avalon.framework.home has to be changed from
>>> (...)/jakarta-avalon/build/lib to (...)/jakarta-avalon/target/lib.

fixed.

>>> 3) Using ant 1.5.1 I got an error complaining about an incorrect
>>> "zipgroupfileset" element nested in a jar task that is part of the
>>> "build.xml" under (...)/fortress. I changed it to "zipfileset",
>>> ommitting
>>> the "group" part only to get a complaint about the "destfile"
>>> attribute.
>>> Though the ant docs state that "destfile" is supported, I changed it
>>> "jarfile" and it worked like a charm.

I don't get an error with ant 1.5... so this is still outstanding.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org