avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Our site is too big
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:22:01 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]

[...]
> The last time I tried centipede, it was a pain to get working.
> Maven has an easy declaritive document describing meta-info
> necessary for building the project.  It is very intuitive.
>
> Centipede made me feel like I was forced into a box I didn't
> like for the directory structure.  It just wasn't a pleasant
> experience.  OTOH, I haven't looked at Centipede in quite
> a while.  What has changed with it?

Everything. It uses an enhanced Gump descriptor (and works with gump),
where you define your src, test and docs dirs, has easy buildfile import
capability, automatic plugin download and installation, ...

Just try it, it's way better. Also Maven has changed a lot since you
have tried it in comparison with Centipede.

Hence I would propose here, as I did on the James list, to wait for the
release of both products and decide. It's only fair for both projects.

>>DISCLAIMER: I'm the original author of Centipede.
>
> I know. ;P

             - verba volant, scripta manent -