avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resources Available to Us
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:11:02 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I have been looking at what we have available to use--in terms of bug
> tracking, mail list archives, and more.  It appears that Nagoya is
> hosting a number of excelent tools:
>
> Scarab--way better than Bugzilla.  http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab

>            (not quite as nice to use as http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/)
>
> Wiki--well, I already made an anouncement.  It's pretty cool.
>

> Anyway, I was thinking in regards to redesigning our website content
> (I don't want to open the can of worms of "style").  If it is possible,
> I want to see about using Scarab for our bug tracking.  THat way I can
> place all the tabled items in the bug tracking software, and actually
> have software that is easy to use.  It requires changing links, and
> notifying the infrastructure folks that we don't need to take up
> BugZilla resources anymore.  We should use issue (bug) tracking software
> to maintain our tabled discussion points.

Scarab has been down recently, and users have been complaining.
Scarab is nice, has much better functionality than Bugzilla, will surely
be the standard bug tracking system for us, but IMHO it's not ready for
us to use.

Try it:
http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/servlet/scarab

> It would be nice to list all Apache resources as the primary resource.
> For that reason, I think we should point people to Eyebrowse on Nagoya.
> If it is not the primary (understandably so), then it should be the
> secondary resource provided for the lists.

If we can use outer resources and save on bandwidth, why not? ;-)
But yes, we should keep in mind that it's there for us to use.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -