avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Resources Available to Us
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:16:25 GMT
I have been looking at what we have available to use--in terms of bug
tracking, mail list archives, and more.  It appears that Nagoya is
hosting a number of excelent tools:

Scarab--way better than Bugzilla.  http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab

            (not quite as nice to use as http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/)

Wiki--well, I already made an anouncement.  It's pretty cool.

Anyway, I was thinking in regards to redesigning our website content
(I don't want to open the can of worms of "style").  If it is possible,
I want to see about using Scarab for our bug tracking.  THat way I can
place all the tabled items in the bug tracking software, and actually
have software that is easy to use.  It requires changing links, and
notifying the infrastructure folks that we don't need to take up
BugZilla resources anymore.  We should use issue (bug) tracking software
to maintain our tabled discussion points.

It would be nice to list all Apache resources as the primary resource.
For that reason, I think we should point people to Eyebrowse on Nagoya.
If it is not the primary (understandably so), then it should be the
secondary resource provided for the lists.