avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cornerstone / AltRMI
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:57:31 GMT
Folks,

>On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:45, Paul Hammant wrote:
>

>>The transport package in the cornerstone project makes Phoenix components
>>of the server side of AltRMI.  Given transport is likely to remain alpha
>>like Altrmi for a while more, would it be simplest to move the classes to
>>the altrmi project?

The class in transport on cornerstone depend on other cornerstone
services (cocket manager, connection manager).

Should I still move transport to excalibur/altrmi ?  The bulk of altrmi
is not dependant on any part of cornerstone.

Should I move all of AltRMI to avalon-sandbox ?  If I do, I should drop
the excalibur package prefix on AltRMI.  Should the packaging become
org.apace.avalon.altrmi from org.apache.excalibur.altrmi, or go to
org.apache.altrmi?  This last suggestion based on the fact that
jakarta.apache.org and xml.apache.org projects are not encumbered by
their full domain names.

This package rename can be entertained because AltRMI is at < 1.0
release.  It's now or never on package renames.

Or is it the case that we are not ready to consider top level projects
(budding or ortherwise) for avalon.apache.org ?

Regards,

- Paul