avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <ulr...@mayring.de>
Subject Re: PMC votes ( Re: [Vote] Phoenix 4.0.3 release.)
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:33:11 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Minor nitpick:
>
> The release was *prevented*.  Once a release is made, we have to support
> it.  There is no "oops, I didn't mean to do that".

The release was up for downloading and then deleted. Just like a faulty
commit is up for downloading and can be deleted, if a problem arises. I
don't see the difference, except for that support issue you brought up.
Curious: what does that support consist of that is given for a release,
but not for a cvs version?

I'm just trying to understand the procedures here, because I want to
learn something for my own use in other projects. What are the people,
who voted +1 now, committing themselves to, which they wouldn't if it
was just a cvs commit? What is the reasoning behind a +1 or -1 for a release?

Ulrich