avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon5] Avalon <-> Jakarta Commons Logging and Configuration
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:55:01 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Remember though that the fact that commons strongly opposes anything
> that has even a remote hint about avalon framework really doesn't help.

Just an observation: statements put in this "tone" rarely elicit the
desired behavior from the one that you are trying to convince.

Here's some facts:

commons-logging will support logkit if it is present.  I think this
qualifies as a remote hint.

avalon-logkit can be used without requiring any other portion of the
Avalon framework.  I believe that this was a significant portion of the
original objection.

Here's an opinion:

Let the past go.  Focus on the future.  And when trying to convince
somebody of something, try to put in terms of how *they* will benefit.

- Sam Ruby