avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gump entry for containerkit
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:15:51 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:36, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>>So, let me see if I get this straight.  The development version of
>>Phoenix (a.k.a., "the stable container") depends on something in the
>>sandbox.
>
> 99% of the stuff that it depends upon has not been independently released.

Phoenix must depend on released packages. IMO all avalon "projects" it
depends upon that are only used by Phoenix should be in Phoenix, not as
separate codebases, and this would eliminate the need to release other
stuff, since they would be part of the Phoenix release itself.

IMO if Phoenix needs the containerkit, info, etc stuff, which are used
only by him, it should keep them in its own CVS module.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -