avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [INSTRUMENTATION] integration question
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:39:31 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>>
>>Based on the build file there appear to be the following dependencies.

<snip>

>>  excalibur-instrument                         0.3   UNRELEASED
>>  excalibur-instrument-manager                 0.3   UNRELEASED
>>  excalibur-instrument-manager-interfaces      0.3   UNRELEASED
>>

>Yep, we need to release these.  I think only the implementation
>stuff has really changed, the interface is fairly constant.

A question for Pete and Berin - is is possible/reasonable to isolate
instrumentation depedencies into a lifecycle extension handler?  Just
looking at the instrumentation doc pages it would appear so on an
initial read - however the doc is more focussed on the client usage
point of view as distict from the container perspective.

Any thoughts ?

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell