avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gump entry for containerkit
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:30:04 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> Gump has an entry for excalibur-containerkit, which I've just moved to
> the avalon-sandbox cvs. The sourcepath for this entry needs to be
> updated, but even after lots of headscratching I can't figure out what
> to do; the <home/> and <work/> tags probably both need to change but
> it's unclear to me to what; and I can't find the <module/> definitions
> at all!
>
> could someone with more gump knowledge take a peek?

Stephan Bodewig constructed and committed a correct entry - before you
even posted this e-mail.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/project/avalon-sandbox.xml

Editorial comment: there are people who are actively trying to build
Avalon related components - if for no other reason than to verify the
correct operation of projects they care about (e.g. Ant) or to identify
things that other subprojects (e.g., james) may need to be aware of at
some point.  At times, this requires a little bit of cooperation - to
this day, I still have been unable to locate the correct place to find
and build the org.apache.avalon.framework.info classes.  Any hints would
be appreciated.

In return, you will have nightly builds that are internally self
consistent - each component that depends on the common framework will be
built with the same version of that framework.

Who knows, this might even foster a bit more cooperation and
communication within the Avalon project.

Just my 2 cents.

- Sam Ruby