avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Development Direction
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:49:03 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

>Why don't we do both? It is more important to develope a model for 4.1 and
>continue enhance that where it is required. We can always keep a Framework5
>revolution in mind but I think that will fall out of things we do for
>Framework4.x. ie As we find uglies in Framework4.x we add them to a list of
>things that we should fix in Framework5.x and if by the time 4.x is finished
>the list is big enough we move to Framework5.x

We haven't significantly changed Framework 4.1 for a long time.  By
adding more semantic clarification
to Framework 4.1, we are effectively defining a 4.2 which is still a new
version.  Dividing our interests
between 4.2, 5.0 and 4.1 would be too much work.  Maintaining 4.1 while
developing 5.0 is a better
use of our limited resources.