avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Context: usage recommendations? ( Re: [SUMMARY] Context )
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 23:13:58 GMT
Noel,

>>.... please differentiate between 'Avalon' (a project which is a
>>collection of tools), 'Avalon-Framework' (a set of very reusable
>>component interfaces), and Avalon-Framework recognising containers (such
>>as Phoenix).
>>

>Is this really a particularly useful distinction, except to indicate where
>there are differences within the Avalon community?

It is to defeat FUD I'm afraid...

For example, some time ago the JAMES community got a bit pissed off with
'Avalon' and wanted rid of it.  A few of us mobilised and came into your
list to defend the cause.  One of our primary aims was to correct the
terminology used. I think we did that quite successfully and now have
some more fans of Avalon (the project)... yourself included dude :-)

Regards,

- Paul