avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Avalon Components (Re: Our site is too big)
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:09:22 GMT
Folks,

> > avalon
> > avalon-sandbox

I am -100 on any CVS depot being called plainly 'avalon'.  Why? Our users (and sister-project
developers) have been confused as hell for years on what Avalon is, and how it differentiates
from
Framework and Phoenix.

Pease...

'Avalon' is just a site name now.
avalon-framework is where the framework is built
avalon-site (like jakarta) is where the site is built
avalon-phoenix is the new home for phoenix.
avalon-sandox is where experimental projects are homed.
avalon-xyz123 is where new projects are mounted.

- Paul