avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [phoenix] core and optional services
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:23:32 GMT
Jim,

> i have a phoenix application with consists of a core set of services and one
> or more optional services depending on the target platform. What is the best
> approach to configure the option services since I cannot add them to the
> assembly.xml file?

Choices :

1) A fake version of the same comp (for the other OS) and a replacement variable under Ant
control
(it means two SAR files).

2) A delegating comp to the same service interfaces that, on instantiation, queries sys.props
and
instantiates the appropriate real comp. It then delegates all invocations to it (no need for
dynamic proxies).

Maybe there are more.. Peter?

- Paul