avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Avalon4:PROPOSAL] Context Consensus
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:43:17 GMT

> > The container impl will do proxying for just about everything it hands to a component.
> >
> > Reason?  K/HC/CAPI separations.  We've all bought that yes?
>
> yup. However, in the real world I'll often rip an avalon component from
> somewhere else and insert it into another application where I want
> minimal overhead. Proxying is _good_, but I don't want it to be a
> _requirment_ of avalon-framework.

Cool, but if you are already going as far as to rip a component for bespoeke use, you don;t
even
need to bother with casting. i.e. Startable & Initializable are apparent immediately.

Proxying you can avoid too cos (in the case of a requestShudown() enabled component) you'd
do

  myComponent.contextualize(new BlockContext() { <whatever> } );

I.e. Still no proxying.

- Paul